FBA Exhibitions Registration
The Federation is introducing a new online registration and two-stage digital PRE-SELECTION process for member society open exhibitions. This process allows you to register online and to upload a digital image of each submission onto a dedicated web page.
Our selectors will then make an initial assessment of each work based on the online digital image you have uploaded. You do not need to hand in any work at this stage. Work that passes this initial assessment will be invited in to the Mall Galleries for judging by members of the selection committee.
This new process means that artists entering the open compeition will no longer have to frame or bear the costs of transporting works into central London - unless their work passes pre-selection. We hope digital pre-selection will encourage more artists from different parts of the UK to submit their work.
How do I register?
There are two ways to register as an Artist. Click on one of the two options below to find out more:
Online registration is straightforward:
- First read through our General Conditions.
- Enter your personal details on the online registration form. Several awards have age restrictions, so please include your date of birth.
- When completing this form you will be asked to confirm you have read and agreed our exhibition rules.
- You will also be asked to choose unique artist login details (your email address and your choice of password), which you will need each time you log-in to this registration system, to complete the registration process and to check the results of pre-selection.
- Complete the online payment process using our secure online payment system. The submission fee is £12 per work (or £6 per work for all artists aged 35 or under). In the event of a problem, call 020 7930 6844 during normal business hours (Mon to Fri 10am – 5pm) and payment can be made by credit or debit card over the phone.
- Enter your work details (title, medium, size in cms and framed price).
- Upload one image for each work (you may enter up to three images of each work to include detail shots but this is not mandatory).
- Image files may be JPG (recommended) or PNG at no more than 3MB in size.
- There should be no symbols (such as *'()?<>" etc.) in the filename of your image.
- The system will accept varying resolutions and image dimensions.
- Complete a final check of your information and confirm your registration. You will then receive confirmation by email.
- Check back on the stated pre-selection notification date to see if you should bring in your work for final selection.
- If you are unable to upload a digital image, you can send a CD containting your images in JPEG format, to our administrative offices and we will upload the images for you. The CD must be clearly marked with your name and the exhibition you are submitting to. You MUST send in your CD to arrive before the digital submission deadline. Unfortunately, CDs cannot be returned.
If you are pre-selected:
- Download the Mall Galleries’ labels for your work and attach to the back of each picture frame or to the base of each sculpture.
- Remember to print off TWO copies of your Registration Form and bring both copies with you on the Receiving Days stated on this website and in our Call for Entries leaflet.
Does pre-selection imply my work has been selected for the exhibition?
No, but it means that one or more of your works has attracted the attention of our selectors. If your work is pre-selected you will be invited to hand in the work, so it can be shown to our panel of selectors, who will then decide whether or not to select it for the exhibition.
If at any time you need assistance, call 020 7930 6844 (Mon to Fri, 10am - 5pm) or email email@example.com and we will assist you.
Alternatively, you can register in the usual way, by downloading a copy of the Mall Galleries’ Registration Form and bringing it, with your work and payment, on the stated Receiving Days.
Download the Registration Pack
- Read through our General Conditions.
- Complete both copies of the Registration Form (Artist Copy and Office Copy).
- Fill in the label(s) for your work and attach to the back of each picture frame or to the base of each sculpture.
- Remember to bring both of these forms with you on the Receiving Days stated on this website and in our Call for Entries leaflet.
For FBA Open Exhibitions, we will publish a list of the registration numbers of all accepted works on this website in selection notification.
Call for Entries Leaflet
Our 2011 Call for Entries leaflet is available. Please select this link to download a pdf version.