Below are the registration numbers of selected works for the NEAC Annual Exhibition 2022.
If your number is not listed, your work has not been selected on this occasion.
Note that the collection date for unaccepted work is Thursday 12 May, 10am to 5pm.
Mall Galleries / Federation of British Artists
How to Submit
All work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which pre-selected works should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection:
- Upload images of work at mallgalleries.oess1.uk between Monday 31 January and Friday 1 April, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
- Check mallgalleries.oess1.uk on Friday 8 April, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been pre-selected
- If pre-selected, deliver your work on Saturday 7 May, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD
- Check this page on Tuesday 10 May to see if you work has been selected for the exhibition
- If unaccepted, collect your work on Thursday 12 May, 10am to 5pm
Submission opens: Monday 31 January, 12 noon
Submission closes: Friday 1 April, 12 noon
Pre-selection notification: Friday 8 April
Receiving Day (if pre-selected): Saturday 7 May, 10am to 5pm
Notification of final selection: Tuesday 10 May, 12 noon
Collection of unaccepted work: Thursday 12 May, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition opens: Thursday 23 June, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Saturday 2 July, 5pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 7 July, 10am to 5pm
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Paintings, drawings, pastels, original framed prints (excluding photography). Note that sculpture is not admissible.
- Submission fee: £20 per work (or £14 per work for artists aged 35 or under).
- Work must have been completed in the last two years and must not have been previously exhibited in London.
- Maximum of six works submitted. Maximum of three works selected.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
- All work must be for sale.
- Minimum price: £300 (£180 for framed prints, £120 for unframed prints - buyers will not be charged for postage and packaging of unframed prints, so please ensure the price of unframed prints allows for this).
- The price of works must include 45%+VAT commission.
Delivery & Collection
- Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
- The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the New English Art Club. Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- All International submissions will be ONLINE ONLY, artists will need to ship their work if selected for the exhibition.
- If you are not a UK resident and your work is sold at the exhibition you have a responsibility to register and account for UK VAT with H.M. Revenue & Customs at www.hmrc.gov.uk (HM Revenue & Customs Reference: Notice 700/1)
Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art - Tel: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
If you are unable to deliver or collect your work in person, several art couriers around the country visit the galleries, including:
Art Moves of Chelsea (London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex and Bristol) - firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7352 7492
Picture Post Art (Scotland, the North of England and Birmingham) - email@example.com / 07833 450788
South Hams Express (Penzance, Totnes, Exeter and Southampton) - firstname.lastname@example.org / 07502 041139
For a fuller list of Art Couriers, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to final confirmation)
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
- The Doreen McIntosh Prize for £3,000: In order to reflect the best in figurative painting in British Art, The Doreen McIntosh Prize is for an artist whose work fulfils the New English Art Club’s ideals of rigour, immediate engagement with the visual and a searching attitude
- Chris Beetles Gallery Prize for Figurative Art: £2,500 for a non-member artist. Selected by Chris Beetles of Chris Beetles Gallery, St James's, London
- The Hermione Hammond Drawing Award: £2,000 for a drawing by an emerging artist aged 35 or under
- The Bowyer Drawing Prize: Selected by the Bowyer family, £500
- The Winsor & Newton Award: Art materials to the value of £500
- The Peter Ashley Framing Prize: Presented by The Artistic Framing Company, a bespoke handmade picture frame will be created for the winning work to the value of £500
- The Michael Harding Award: £500 worth of art materials
- The NEAC Critics' Prize: £250
- The Anthony J. Lester Art Critic Award: A certificate and cheque for £100
- The Milner Prize for an Emerging Artist: £500
- The Dry Red Press Award: The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press 'Prize Winners' range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist