The exhibition offers several prizes and awards, open to all participating artists, including the new Chris Beetles Gallery Award of £2,000 for a non-member artist (see 'Prizes & Awards' below).
The New English Art Club is an elected society of contemporary painters whose ethos resides in art informed by the visual world and personal interpretation.
How to Submit
* * * UPDATED (9 July 2020) * * *
We are pleased to announce that we have been able to reschedule the New English Art Club Annual Exhibition 2020 to this autumn, from Wednesday 11 November to Saturday 21 November, at Mall Galleries.
In light of social distancing, please note that the final selection for the exhibition will be conducted digitally, to make the process simpler and safer for everybody.
To summarise, for those artists whose works are awaiting selection:
- The New English Art Club will adopt digital-only selection this year, therefore the Selection Committee will select works for exhibition from online only; the selectors will make an assessment of each work based on the digital images supplied, following which selected artists will be asked to deliver their accepted work to Mall Galleries for exhibition
- Artists should log in to the Open Exhibition Submission System (OESS) - and will be reminded to do so - from 12 noon on Friday 17 July to see if their work has been selected for exhibition
- Selected artworks should be delivered to Mall Galleries ahead of the exhibition on Saturday 31 October or Sunday 1 November, between 10am and 5pm
- The exhibition will take place at Mall Galleries between Wednesday 11 November and Saturday 21 November
* * * UPDATED (9 July 2020) * * *
Selection notification (via the OESS): Friday 17 July, 12 noon
Receiving Days (if selected only): Saturday 31 October and Sunday 1 November, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition open: Wednesday 11 November, 11am
Exhibition closes: Saturday 21 November, 5pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 26 November & Friday 27 November, 10am to 5pm
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Paintings, drawings, pastels, original framed prints (excluding photography). Sculpture is NOT admissible.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £5).
- Work must have been completed in the last two years and must not have been previously exhibited in London.
- Maximum of six works submitted. Maximum of three works selected.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
- All work must be for sale.
- Minimum price: £300 (£180 for framed prints, or £120 for unframed prints).
- The price of works must include 45%+VAT commission.
Works that differ significantly from the photograph entered will not be exhibited.
Delivery & Collection
- Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
- The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the New English Art Club.
- Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- Artists from outside the UK may need to register for VAT, please check with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
- Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to final confirmation)
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
NEW The Chris Beetles Gallery Award: £2,000 for a non-member artist
NEW The Hermione Hammond Drawing Award: £2,000 for a drawing by an emerging artist aged 35 or under
The Bowyer Drawing Prize: £1,000
The Winsor & Newton Award: Art materials to the value of £500
The Peter Ashley Framing Prize: Presented by The Artistic Framing Company: A bespoke handmade picture frame will be created for the winning artwork, to the value of £500
The Dry Red Press Award: The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press 'Prize Winners' range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist