Artists are invited to submit works for exhibition alongside members of the New English Art Club at their Annual Exhibition 2019.
The exhibition includes several prizes and awards, open to all participating artists (see 'Prizes & Awards' below).
How to Submit
ALL work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which pre-selected entries should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection:
- Upload images of work at http://mallgalleries.oess.uk between Monday 26 November 2018 and Friday 22 February 2019, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
- Check http://mallgalleries.oess.uk on Friday 1 March, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been pre-selected
- If pre-selected, deliver your work on Saturday 6 April, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD
- Check mallgalleries.org.uk on Tuesday 9 April, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been accepted to the exhibition
- If unaccepted, collect your work from Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on Thursday 11 April, 10am to 5pm
Submission opens: Monday 26 November 2018, 12 noon
Submission closes: Friday 22 February 2019, 12 noon
Pre-selection notification: Friday 1 March, 12 noon [Log in to see if your work has been pre-selected]
Receiving Day (if pre-selected only): Saturday 6 April, 10am to 5pm
Acceptance notification: Tuesday 9 April, 12 noon
Collection of unaccepted work: Thursday 11 April, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition open: Friday 14 June, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Saturday 22 June, 5pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 27 June, 10am to 5pm
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Paintings, drawings, pastels, original framed prints (excluding photography). Sculpture is NOT admissible.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £4).
- Work must have been completed in the last two years and must not have been previously exhibited in London.
- Maximum of six works submitted. Maximum of three works selected.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
All work must be for sale.
Minimum price: £300 (£180 for framed prints, or £120 for unframed prints).
Delivery & Collection
- Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
- The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the New English Art Club.
- Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- Artists from outside the UK may need to register for VAT, please check with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
- Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to final confirmation)
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
The Doreen McIntosh Prize: £5,000
The Bowyer Drawing Prize: £1,000
Jackson's Art Supplies Prize: £300 worth of art materials, awarded to an outstanding work by a non-member
The Dry Red Press Award: The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press 'Prize Winners' range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist
The Winsor & Newton Award: Art materials to the value of £500, voted for by visitors to the exhibition.
The Peter Ashley Framing Prize: Presented by The Artistic Framing Company: A bespoke handmade picture frame will be created for the winning artwork, to the value of £500