Annual Exhibition 2019 | Accepted Works
If your registration numbers are not listed, your work has not been accepted on this occasion.
Sponsored by Derwent
Collection of unaccepted work: Thursday 10 January, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition open: Tuesday 5 February, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Saturday 16 February, 3pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 21 February, 10am to 5pm
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Pastels, oil pastels, charcoal, pencil, conte, sanguine, or any dry media.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £4).
- Maximum of six works submitted. Maximum of four works selected.
- Work must have been completed during the twelve months prior to the exhibition and not have been exhibited elsewhere.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
- All work must be for sale. Minimum price: £300.
Delivery & Collection
- Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
- We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
- The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the Society and is rotated annually.
- Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- Artists who are not resident in the UK but are resident in the EU or elsewhere are welcome to submit work. If your work is sold at the exhibition you have a responsibility to register and account for UK VAT with H.M. Revenue & Customs. Artists without a UK residence (known as 'NETPs' - non-established taxable persons) can find further details on 'NETP' status and how to register for VAT at www.hmrc.gov.uk, (HM Revenue & Customs Reference: Notice 700/1, Mar 2014) under the heading 'Should I be registered for VAT?' Please note: the registration process can take up to 4 weeks. Please address any questions you may have to the VAT Helpline on tel. no. 0300 200 3700 or Outside UK: +44 2920 501 261.
- Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to confirmation)
There are a number of prizes and awards available to win, including:
- Alfred Teddy Smith and Zsuzsi Roboz Award (£5,000) for a young artist, bequeathed by distinguished member of The Pastel Society, Zsuzsi Roboz (1939-2012), presented to a young artist, aged 35 or under, for traditional skills used in an original way. Pastels, oil pastels, charcoal, pencil, conte, sanguine, or any dry media are all acceptable.
- Unison Young Artist Award (£500)
- Annie Longley Award (£250)
- Buzzacott Award (Cash prize)
- The Pastel Society Young Artist Award (£200)
- Derwent Award (worth £1,000)
- Caran d'Ache Award
- Frank Herring & Sons Award
- Henri Roche Award
- The Pastel Society Visitors' Choice Award
- Royal Talens Award
- Schmincke Award
- Unison Member Award
- Unison Non-member Award
- West Design - Faber Castell Award
- The Pastel Society Catalogue Award: First & Second Prize
- The Artist Magazine Award
- Artists & Illustrators Award