Annual Exhibition 2020 | Final Selection
If your registration numbers are not listed, your work has not been accepted on this occasion.
Sponsored by Derwent
How to Submit
ALL work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which pre-selected entries should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection:
- If pre-selected, deliver your work on Saturday 4 January 2020, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD
- Check this page (mallgalleries.org.uk) on Tuesday 7 January, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been accepted to the exhibition
- If unaccepted, collect your work from Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on Thursday 9 January, 10am to 5pm
Acceptance notification: Tuesday 7 January, 12 noon
Collection of unaccepted work: Thursday 9 January, 10am to 5pm*
Exhibition open: Wednesday 5 February, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Sunday 16 February, 3pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 20 February, 10am to 5pm*
*Due to a shortage of storage space at the gallery, any work uncollected by 5pm will be removed and stored at a separate location for which artists will be charged a storage fee.
Conditions of Entry
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Pastels, oil pastels, charcoal, pencil, conte, sanguine, or any dry media.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £5).
- Maximum of six works submitted. Maximum of four works selected.
- Work must have been completed during the twelve months prior to the exhibition and not have been exhibited elsewhere.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
- All work must be for sale. Minimum price: £300.
- The price of works must include 45%+VAT commission.
Delivery & Collection
Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
- The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the Society and is rotated annually.
- Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- If you are not a UK resident and your work is sold at the exhibition you have a responsibility to register and account for UK VAT with H.M. Revenue & Customs at www.hmrc.gov.uk, (HM Revenue & Customs Reference: Notice 700/1)
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to confirmation)
There are a number of prizes and awards available to win, including:
- Unison Young Artist Award (£500 and set of 72 pastels)
- Annie Longley Award (£250)
- Buzzacott Award (£750)
- The Pastel Society Young Artist Award (£200)
- The Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award (£50)
- Derwent Award (worth £1,000)
- Caran d'Ache Award
- Frank Herring & Sons Award
- Henri Roche Award
- The Pastel Society Visitors' Choice Award
- Royal Talens Award
- Schmincke Award
- Unison Member Award
- Unison Non-member Award
- West Design - Faber Castell Award
- The Pastel Society Catalogue Award: First & Second Prize
- The Artist Magazine Award
- Artists & Illustrators Award