Annual Exhibition 2019 | Final Selection
If your registration numbers are not listed, your work has not been accepted on this occasion.
Collection of unaccepted work: Thursday 17 October, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition open: Wednesday 27 November, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Sunday 8 December, 1pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 12 December, 10am to 5pm
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Oils. Acrylic and water-soluble oil paint is acceptable if framed as an oil, so as not to spoil the general appearance of the exhibition.
- Wide mounts between painting and frame, as in watercolours, are not acceptable.
- Glazed work is not encouraged.
Unframed work can be accepted if on a well-presented box canvas.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £4).
- Maximum of six works submitted, maximum of three works selected.
- The combined measurement of works accepted will not exceed 8 feet maximum per artist.
- Work must have been completed within the last three years and must not have been previously shown at Mall Galleries.
- Work must be for sale, unless portraits (which may be Not For Sale / NFS - if your work is not for sale, please input the price as '0' when prompted).
- The price of works for sale must include 45%+VAT commission.
- Minimum sale price: £300.
Delivery & Collection
- Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
- We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
- The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the Society and is rotated annually.
- Selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- Artists who are not resident in the UK but are resident in the EU or elsewhere are welcome to submit work. If your work is sold at the exhibition you have a responsibility to register and account for UK VAT with H.M. Revenue & Customs. Artists without a UK residence (known as 'NETPs' - non-established taxable persons) can find further details on 'NETP' status and how to register for VAT at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk, (HM Revenue & Customs Reference: Notice 700/1, Mar 2014) under the heading 'Should I be registered for VAT?' Please note: the registration process can take up to 4 weeks. Please address any questions you may have to the VAT Helpline on tel. no. 0300 200 3700 or Outside UK: +44 2920 501 261.
- Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here
Prizes & Awards
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
NEW The Tony Merrick Memorial Prize - An award of £250 in memory of the late Tony Merrick ROI (1948-2018)
NEW The ROI Emerging Artist Prize - A prize of £250 and the opportunity to spend a day with one of the Institute's members, for an artist aged 30 or under at the time of submission
NEW The Small Painting Prize - An award of £250, open to members and non-members, for the best small painting on display (maximum dimension of 12 inches / 30.5 cm, excluding frame)
The Phyllis Roberts Award - An award of £2,000 for an artist aged 30 or under
The Alan Gourley Memorial Award - An annual prize of £1,000, awarded for a painting of outstanding merit
The Stanley Grimm Prize - Two awards totalling £700 (first prize £400, second prize £300), to the painters whose work receive the most votes from visitors to the exhibition
Winsor & Newton Young Artist Awards (for artists aged 30 or under) - First Prize: £1,000 Winsor & Newton Fine Art Materials / Second Prize: £600 Winsor & Newton Fine Art Materials / Third Prize: £400 Winsor & Newton Fine Art Materials
Winsor & Newton Non-Member Award - £150 worth of Winsor & Newton Fine Art Materials
The Le Clerc Fowle Medal - In memory of Anne Le Clerc Fowle, presented annually for an outstanding group of paintings
L. Cornelissen & Son - An award of a contemporary version of a Victorian Oil Painter's equipment
Frank Herring Easel Award - An award of a versatile easel
The Menena Joy Schwabe Memorial Award - An award of £250 for an outstanding oil painter
The Artist Magazine Award - The winning artist will be featured in a forthcoming issue of The Artist magazine, print and digital editions
The Dry Red Press Award - The winning work will be published as a greeting card by Dry Red Press in their 'Prize Winners' range