Artists are invited to submit works for exhibition alongside members of the Royal Society of British Artists at their Annual Exhibition 2019.
The exhibition includes several prizes and awards, open to all participating artists (see 'Prizes & Awards' below).
How to Submit
ALL work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which pre-selected entries should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection:
- Upload images of work at http://mallgalleries.oess1.uk between Monday 17 December 2018 and Friday 15 March 2019, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
- Check http://mallgalleries.oess1.uk on Friday 22 March, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been pre-selected
- If pre-selected, deliver your work on Saturday 27 April, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD
- Check mallgalleries.org.uk on Wednesday 1 May, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been accepted to the exhibition
- If unaccepted, collect your work from Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on Friday 3 May, 10am to 5pm
Submission opens: Monday 17 December 2018, 12 noon
Submission closes: Friday 15 March 2019, 12 noon
Pre-selection notification: Friday 22 March, 12 noon [Log in to see if your work has been pre-selected]
Receiving Day (if pre-selected only): Saturday 27 April, 10am to 5pm
Acceptance notification: Wednesday 1 May, 12 noon
Collection of unaccepted work: Friday 3 May, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition open: Thursday 4 July, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Sunday 14 July, 1pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 18 July, 10am to 5pm
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Any medium including sculpture and original prints.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £4).
- Maximum of six works submitted.
- Maximum of four works selected.
- Work must not have been exhibited previously.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
All work must be for sale. The price of works must include commission of 45%+VAT (please note that where foundry fees apply, foundry costs will be deducted before commission is calculated).
Minimum price: £300 (framed prints: £180, unframed prints: £120).
Delivery & Collection
- Works should be delivered without any protective packaging as this cannot be retained.
- The gallery will not be responsible for wrapping works or providing wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- Artists from outside the UK may need to register for VAT, please check with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
- Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to final confirmation)
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
The de Laszlo Foundation Prize: The de Laszlo Medal and £1,500 will be awarded to the artist aged 35 or under for the best art work from life
The Nathan David Award for Sculpture: £150
The Stuart Southall Print Prize: £250
The Patron's Prize: £500
The LARA Prize for a Young Artist: Short course at London or Bristol
The Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award: £50
The Artist Magazine Award: The winner will be interviewed in The Artist magazine, print and digital editions
The Davison Award for Oil Painting: £100
The Dry Red Press Award: The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press 'Prize Winners' range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist
Frinton Frames Award: £200 of picture framing at Frinton Frames bespoke handfinished picture frame makers
The Geoffrey Vivis Memorial Award: £100
The Gordon Hulson Memorial Prize for Draughtsmanship, Variety & Exploration: £200
The Michael Harding Awards: Two awards of £500 worth of Michael Harding art materials, and 10 painting starter sets
The Winsor & Newton Painting Award: Art materials to the value of £500
Hahnemuhle Fine Art UK Award: A prize of artist paper, worth £250