Annual Exhibition 2020 | Final Selection
If your registration numbers are not listed, your work has not been accepted on this occasion.
Receiving Day (if pre-selected only): Saturday 11 January 2020, 10am to 5pm
Acceptance notification: Tuesday 14 January, 12 noon
Collection of unaccepted work: Thursday 16 January, 10am to 5pm*
Exhibition open: Thursday 20 February, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Saturday 29 February, 5pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 5 March, 10am to 5pm*
*Due to a shortage of storage space at the gallery, any work uncollected by 5pm will be removed and stored at a separate location for which artists will be charged a storage fee.
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Any medium including sculpture and original prints.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £5).
- Maximum of six works submitted.
- Maximum of four works selected.
- Work must not have been exhibited previously.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
All work must be for sale. The price of works must include commission of 45%+VAT (please note that where foundry fees apply, foundry costs will be deducted before commission is calculated).
Minimum price: £300 (framed prints: £180, unframed prints: £120 - buyers will not be charged for postage and packaging of unframed prints, so please ensure the price of unframed prints allows for this).
Delivery & Collection
- Works should be delivered without any protective packaging as this cannot be retained.
- The gallery will not be responsible for wrapping works or providing wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- Artists from outside the UK may need to register for VAT, please check with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
- Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to final confirmation)
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
The de Laszlo Foundation Prize: The de Laszlo Medal for Excellence and £1,500 will be awarded for the best artwork from life by an artist aged 35 or under
The Artist Magazine Award: The winner will be interviewed in The Artist magazine, print and digital editions
The Davison Award for Oil Painting: £100
The Dry Red Press Award: The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press 'Prize Winners' range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist
Frinton Frames Award: £200 of picture framing at Frinton Frames bespoke handfinished picture frame makers
The Geoffrey Vivis Memorial Award: £100
The Gordon Hulson Memorial Prize: £250 for draughtsmanship, variety & exploration
Hahnemuhle Fine Art UK Award: A prize of artist paper, worth £250
The LARA Prize for a Young Artist: Free short course in London
The Michael Harding Awards: Two awards of £500 worth of Michael Harding art materials, and 10 painting starter sets
The Nathan David Award for Sculpture: £150
The Patron's Prize: £500
The Peter Kelly Commemorative Prize: £300
The Ronald Morgan Memorial Award: £250
The Stuart Southall Print Prize: £250
The Surgeon's Prize: £500
The Winsor & Newton Painting Award: Art materials to the value of £500