The SWA continues to promote female artists and prides its self on the very diverse nature of the work shown during our Annual Open Exhibition from both our non-members and our members.
Online Submissions: 28th February – 20th June at MIDDAY
Notification of Digital Selection: 28th June 2019
Receiving Day for wall hanging works: Saturday 27th July 10am - 5pm
Notification of results of selection: 30th July on the SWA website
Collection of unaccepted/ANH work: Thursday 1st August 2019, 10am - 5pm ONLY
Delivery of 3D work to the Mall: Monday 23rd September 10 am – 1 pm TBC
Preview Evening: 24th September
Private View: 25th September, 10am to 8pm
Exhibition Open: Tuesday 24th Sep at 4.00 to Sunday 29th Sep 10am to 5pm daily, closing at 1.00 on Sunday 29th September
Collection of unsold work: Saturday, 5th October 10am - 5pm
£15 per artwork up to 6 artworks.
Concession Price for Artists Under 36
£8 per artwork up to 6 artworks.
Entry Information, Terms and Conditions
Successfully selected works need to be delivered to 17 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5BD, along with a print out of your online submission form on an A4 sheet on the 27th of July. Please do not use staples or tape on this form because it must be photocopied during processing.
N.B Works that are digitally pre-selected are not automatically accepted for the exhibition.
Submitting digitally enables artists to submit works for initial consideration without transport and framing costs. If you do not want to submit digitally you can take or send the work on receiving days (not sculpture). This is on the 27th of July. You will need an entry schedule if you are not going through digital selection. Only use an entry schedule if you are not going through digital selection.
Works delivered for selection must be exhibition ready, but with no fixings at all to the back because fixings damage other works when stacked. Details are available to you in our information and general terms on SWA website. Please do read them prior to entering.
ALL 3D Artwork
For 3D and Sculptural work, it is single stage digital submission/selection process only. Artists must go online for results to the digital selection and for final selection results. If successful you will be contacted about timings for bringing work in.
A list of successfully selected work will be posted on the SWA website on the 30th July. Any work not selected must be picked up on the 1st of August.
- Submission Fees for non-members is normally £15 per work payable at the time of registering online, or £8 per work for artists aged 35 or under
- Maximum of six works submitted. Maximum of four works selected.
- Framing – All works must be well presented, glazed and suitably framed (no metal or clips frames are permitted).
- Works should be no larger than 1.82m high and 1.5m wide including the frame.
- All work must be for sale. Minimum price: £350. £150 for framed etchings, one-off prints, lithography or drawings.
Delivery & Collection
- Packaging from delivered works cannot be retained and must be taken away at the point of delivery.
- We are unable to wrap works or provide wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Any work uncollected on the specified collection date/s will be stored at a separate location and the artist will be charged a storage fee.
The Selection Committee is formed of artist members of the Society.
Please note that selectors' decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
Artists from outside the UK may need to register for VAT, please check with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post - Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org