Dynamic Figure Painting
This one-day figure painting workshop will offer an opportunity for intensive study under the tuition of Sarah Jane Moon. The workshop will include the opportunity to visually think through composition, colour and tone in a graphic and bold way through painting from the model.
The focus will be on creating visually dynamic compositions and gestural and expressive use of oil. Acrylic may be used if the student prefers.
Please bring with you:
- Pencils / charcoal
- Sketch Book
- Palette knife
- Odourless solvent (for dilution & cleaning brushes)
- Kitchen towel
- Several large (inch wide) hog brushes
- A range of 4 / 5 hog brushes
- Smaller synthetic brushes
- Oils (titanium white, lemon yellow, cad yellow, yellow ochre, cad red, alizarin crimson, cerulean blue, ultramarine blue, burnt umber, black)
- 2 medium sized canvases/boards
- Apron / Painting shirt
Please consider how you will transport your wet painting.
Image: Jo with Whisky, 2017, Oil on Canvas, 102 x 102 cm