An Evening of Scottish Art
Lachlan Goudie, the presenter of the recent BBC TV series, ‘The Story of Scottish Art’, hosts an evening of short lectures on the subject of Scottish art.
The Speakers include;
- Andrew Marr, Braodcaster and Artist
- Alice Strang, Senior Curator at the National Galleries of Scotland
- James Knox, the Director of the Flemings collection of Scottish Art
- Deborah Clarke, Senior curator at the Royal Collection, which will be holding an exhibition of Scottish Art ‘From Caledonia to the Continent’
- Nick Curnow, Vice Chairman on the Scottish auctioneers Lyon and Turnbull,
- Lachlan Goudie ROI, Artist and Broadcaster, ‘The Big Painting Challenge’, ‘The Story of Scottish Art’
The evening will be moderated by Dr Bendor Grosvenor, art dealer and TV art historian, ‘Fake or Fortune'.
The lecture evening will take place in conjunction with a retrospective exhibition of the work of Alexander Goudie RP RGI (1933-2004). Lachlan Goudie’s father was one of Scotland’s most distinguished figurative painters and the exhibition will include work from across the whole of his career.
The event will begin at 6.30pm with a glass of wine and an opportunity to view the exhibition before talks commencing at 7pm.