10 am - 5 pm
Julien’s Auctions, the international record-breaking auction house to the stars, has announced three auctions over two days in June celebrating the world’s greatest athletes in sports history. Formula 1 Legends, Sports Legends & Football Legends Featuring the Collection of Bernhard L. Lacroix will highlight the two-day event to take place at the Mall Galleries in London on Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Formula 1 Legends will feature over 230 lots including:
- A 1991 Moet & Chandon champagne bottle signed and inscribed by legendary Brazilian Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna
- 2003 Williams F1 FW25 race used nose and front wing Assembly and
- A Rubens Barrichello 2002 Ferrari race worn fire suit.
From global icons on the football pitch to pugilists in the ring to drivers testing the limits of speed and control on the race track, Julien’s Auctions will offer fans a potentially once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own a rare Sports Collectible and Memorabilia during the two-day auction event in June. Julien’s also announces a unique partnership with Getty Images for this sale. Almost 200 items offered will include a C-Type archival fine art gallery print by Getty Images that illustrate an item, accompanied by a certificate of authenticity from Getty Images Gallery, London.
Sports Legends will celebrate some of the biggest athletes in Sports history including, Pelé, Andre Agassi, Evander Holyfield, Diego Maradona, Muhammad Ali and more.
Highlights of the auction include:
- Pelé “Escape to Victory” film Worn Jersey
- Jules Rimet 20th Anniversary Trophy presented to Luis Monti
- Andre Agassi Match Used and Signed Tennis Racquet
- Evander Holyfield WBA Muhammad Ali Award Belt
- Pelé Match Worn Brazil National Team Jersey
- Diego Maradona Match Worn 1988-1989 Napoli Jersey
- Diego Maradona's 1977 Match Worn Football Boots and hundreds of other historically important items.
Property of Football Legends Featuring the Collection of FIFA Match Agent Bernhard L. Lacroix is being offered at auction for the very first time. As a FIFA Match Agent, Lacroix has evolved into the role of the Match Agent for the Brazilian Football Confederation – the Confederação Brasileira de Futebol/CBF. In his role as Match Agent for the CBF, Lacroix had the good fortune to be present with the Brazilian soccer team during some of the greatest sporting moments including World Cups, Olympics and Confederations Cups, as well as numerous other high profile matches around the globe.
Throughout his years of working in close proximity with many international football players, Lacroix is involved with many of the games’ legends and top stars, including Brazilian footballer Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho and Neymar. As a result of these relationships, Lacroix has been able to obtain items in his Collection directly from the players themselves. This separates his Collection from most, or even all others, in the collecting world. Due to his exclusive access and ability to obtain items directly from the source, Lacroix states that the provenance of the items in his Collection is impeccable.
Highlights of the sale include:
- A pair of Ronaldinho Match Worn Custom Football Boots
- 1994 FIFA World Cup Winner’s Trophy (with case)
- 1994 FIFA World Cup Gold Winner’s Medal
- 1998 FIFA World Cup Silver Runners’-Up Medal
- 2002 FIFA World Cup Gold Winner’s Medal
- 2002 World Cup Brazil National Football Team Signed Match-Used Football
- 2014 World Cup Brazil Training Used and Team Signed Official Football;
- June 1, 2007 England vs. Brazil National Football Team Signed Match Used Football;
- Lionel Messi 2011 Argentina National Football Team Match Worn and Signed Jersey
- Neymar 2012 Olympics Brazil National Football Team Match Worn Jersey
- Ronaldinho 2006 World Cup Match Worn Team Signed Brazil Jersey and much more.
These items are a small sample of some of the incredible pieces being offered from Mr Lacroix’s collection.