Society of Women Artists
The SWA is a unique Society in that its rich mix of oil painters, water colourists, sculptors, printers and ceramicists are able to showcase one of the most diverse annual shows in London today at Mall Galleries, London.
Artists can now log in to see if they have been pre-selected for the next round of Selection.
- If pre-selected, deliver your work on Saturday 28th July, 10am - 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD (Please print off your pre-populated form/entry schedule along with blank labels for Receiving Day)
- Work which has not been through pre-selection can also be delivered on Saturday 28th July, 10am - 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD (Note: Please use the downloadable form on the SWA website)
- Check www.society-women-artists.org.uk on 1st August, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been accepted to the exhibition.
- If unaccepted, collect your work from Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on Saturday 4th August.
Submission Procedure for sculpture & 3D work (see above for wall hanging & 2D work)
- Upload images of work at mallgalleries.oess.uk for online pre-selection between Thursday 5 January and Thursday 22 June 2018, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
- Check mallgalleries.oess.uk on Friday 29 June, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been selected
£15 per work (£8 per work for artists aged 35 or under)
Notification of results:
The Society will publish a list of names and registration numbers of the work(s) accepted on their website only.
Collection of works:
Unaccepted and ANH (Accepted Not Hung) works must be collected on Saturday 4th August 2018 and only on this day. Accepted unsold works must be collected after the exhibition on Saturday, 6th October and only on these days.
Please note that works not collected will be sent to Picture Post for storage and will incur Picture Post’s commercial handling charges for up to 90 days.
Work should be exhibition ready with the exception of fixings. Please remove ALL fixings. The gallery technicians will use mirror-plates for this purpose.
Sale price of work:
The price of works must include the commission of 45%. All work must be for sale, except that work which has been commissioned. Minimum sale price: £350 for all hanging works, £150 for framed etchings, prints, lithography or drawings, £350 for 3D works. Please check your pricing carefully on the entry schedule and the label.
The sales catalogue is compiled from the entry schedule, but please complete labels provided carefully and attach to the back of the picture frame or to the base of 3D work. Tag labels can be used for 3D work.
Notification of sale of work:
If work in the exhibition has been sold, exhibitors will be notified by email or phone by Sunday 30th September.
If you are using Commercial Carriers please request works are delivered to 17 Carlton House Terrace. Works must be presented with individual entry schedules and submission fees. Carriers will need to inform artists of their Submission Reg Numbers once delivered in order for the artist to check acceptance.
Original printmaking and etchings:
Etchings must show their plate indentations. Commercially printed line work or photographically/digitally reproduced work printed with commercial machines (such as giclée work) is not admissible.
Please download and read our general Terms and Conditions and General information Sheet which covers all aspects in more detail.