Message from the Chairman, Jonathan Glasspool and CEO Clare O' Brien.
The safety of our visitors, artists and workforce is paramount to us as we navigate this challenging time. The Trustees of the Federation of British Artists (FBA) therefore regret to announce that Mall Galleries will close during Thursday 19 March, in light of the most recent official government advice in combating COVID-19. The gallery will remain closed until further notice and will re-open when possible, following government recommendations.
However - in that great British artistic tradition- we keep calm and we continue creating! There is a wealth of activity that will continue. Your understanding and continued support and connect with us online and in social media is vital, and much appreciated.
Your support is key
The FBA’s unique charitable role in supporting British artists, at the heart of which are 600 member artists, will continue as we present a crop of new work online to browse and enjoy - but also to buy. This might be the perfect time to buy that painting you’ve always promised yourself!
Robin Hazlewood RI Last Rays Barnes
You can make a difference
Especially in times of trouble and reflection, art has the special ability to transport and delight us – and indeed contribute to our ‘wellness’. The FBA Societies offer you access to the outstanding work of a talented army of dedicated working artists who depend on the continued support of tens of thousands of visitors (currently unable to attend). The arts face an unparalleled impact from the crisis, and we ask our visitors and Friends to come together to continue the support we absolutely rely on to keep the lights on.
How you can play your part
Frances Bell RP Katie
- Visit our virtual galleries and browse our new exhibitions from the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours (RI) and Royal Society of Portrait Painters (RP). Tell your friends and spread the word
- Why not consider buying a new artwork by ordering online?
- You can choose a portrait artist and commission us to create your own unique work
- Join our excellent Friends or Patrons scheme - and be at the heart of what we do.
- You can make a donation or consider signing up for a legacy to continue our charitable work when the crisis is passed.
- Please join the conversation on our social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or our email list for updates.
We so look forward to seeing you online this week in the ‘virtual gallery’ and of course, we very much look forward to that time we can welcome you back to Mall Galleries later in the season. Look out for our activities in your inbox!
But for now...British artists and the FBA 600 are at home in their studios, keeping calm and creating - for you.
Jonathan Glasspool, Chairman & Clare O'Brien, Chief Executive Officer