The Futures Collectors’ Circle is a corporate membership scheme that supports emerging artists through Mall Galleries' annual graduate exhibition, Futures: Figurative Art by New Graduates, each January.
Members of the Collectors’ Circle provide vital funding to this exhibition through sponsorship and invest in its early-career exhibitors through a commitment to collecting their work.
Membership costs £5,000+VAT per annum and includes:
- £2,000 donation to Futures' core costs with member's company name on the sponsors' board and in promotional material
- £2,000 to spend on art at Futures guided by expert advice from our art consultants
- £1000 benefits including:
- 30 invitations for your staff and clients to the annual Collector's Champagne preview of Futures
- Access for two to Mall Galleries Patron's Events throughout the year
- Yearly updates on your chosen artists careers and any increases in the value of their work
- 10% off and priority booking on private events in the Galleries (including dinner for up to 120)
The annual membership fee will support graduate artists with:
- A central London showcase and private view
- Media exposure and industry networking
- Professional development workshops and mentoring
- Post-exhibition opportunities, for example, studio bursaries and residencies
- Some of their first exhibition sales and the boost of confidence and financial reward that comes with it
A funded work experience placement for a current art student to work on the Futures public programme
Ready to sign up or want to know more? Contact Futures Curator and Art Consultant Anna Bromwich: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if the work I want to buy at Futures is over or under the £2,000 allocated?
The average price of a work of art at Futures is around £2,000. If the work you would like to buy is under £2,000 you may carry over the difference to the next year or use it to purchase or commission another work at a later date from one of our early-career artists. Any difference in price may only be carried over one calendar year. If the work you are looking at is more than £2,000 the difference will be added onto your membership fee.
I want to support early-career artists but what if I don't find anything I like at Futures?
Futures exhibits around 80 works a year, spanning painting, sculpture, print and mixed media so we hope you'll find something you want to invest in. However, if you don't find anything that takes your fancy we will work with you across the year to identify an artist either under 35 or within 5 years of graduation to purchase or commission work from. This still provides important patronage to artists at the critical stages of their careers.
When is the membership fee paid?
The membership fee is paid on signing up to the Collectors' Circle.
Can I pay in instalments?
Of course, as long as all instalments are paid before each edition of Futures. Just let us know at which intervals you would like to pay and we will set you up with a Direct Debit.
Can you help with delivery, framing and installation?
Mall Galleries' has an in-house team of professional art handlers and technicians and we work closely with recommended framers and art couriers to offer a complete door-to-door service should you need it.